County Faculty Appraisal Forms
Updated October 28, 2017
DEDs have updated the Appraisal forms for 2017, you will see a major change in that there are no "boxes" for the individual sections, please use bullet statements for each section. You are to use the same form for County Faculty Self Appraisals and County Appraisals Completed by the CED & DED. When you select the correct form from the list below, you will see in the upper right corner the word "Edition" as a drop box. When completing the form please select "Self-Appraisal", save as a file and send to your CED and DED
Example of name of file: F(first initial)_LastName_2017_appraisal_self.docx B_Smith_2017_appraisal_self.docx
You must use MS Office 2013 to use and save the file as a .docx file to use all the features of the form! See your District IT person for assistance.
FAMU faculty see below at the next section for forms with appropriate logos.
- County Faculty Appraisal Form by Self - CED and DED to be used by all county faculty for self-appraisals. FAMU see below.
- RSA Appraisal form by others - DEDs will send a Qualtrics Survey link in place of a document. To be used by all county faculty in appraisal of the RSA component of RSAs.
- RSA Appraisal form by Self, DED and PL - To be used by all in appraisal of the RSA self appraisal, DED and Program Leader.
- CED Appraisal form by faculty - DEDs will send a Qualtrics Survey link in place of a document. To be used by county faculty for appraisals of their County Extension Director on their administrative component.
- CED Appraisal form by self and DED - To be used by CED for self appraisals and used by DED.
If you cannot open the .docx files, try opening them from the SharePoint site: https://uflorida.sharepoint.com/sites/ifas/extension/2017_Cnty_Fac_Appraisal_Forms/
The following to be used by FAMU county faculty, District Extension Directors and County Extension Directors for UF/IFAS with FAMU county faculty self-appraisals with one or two CED signatures required.
- County Faculty Appraisal Form by Self, CEDs & DEDs FAMU - To be used by all FAMU county faculty for sel-appraisals with a single CED.
The following forms are to be used by District Extension Directors only for County Extension Directors appraisals by selected County Administrators.
- CED Appraisal Form for County Administrator - To be used by District Extension Directors only.
General recommendations that all DEDs will be asking county faculty for in 2017:
- Advisory and Advocacy Committees: Take a look at your current committees and share how you will use them in developing a future County Strategic Plan. Each Committee must meet a minimum of two meetings/ year; membership rotation system; elected leadership; minutes taken of meetings; and examples of impacts of their involvement.
- Use of IT technologies in program delivery (reported in Educational Activities section of Extension Programs). Demonstrate the use of one new technology in your program and share with the office.
- Marketing: new marketing strategies/ techniques/ efforts; audiences targeted; and outcomes,(Section 33)(where you report community service activities).
- Each agent will complete a Professional Development Plan - (Section 35).
Categories for Appraisals
Exemplary (EX) - In addition to meeting the criteria for commendable performance, performance/behavior consistently exceeds standards of professional performance in comparison to other faculty. Makes outstanding contributions to the department, institution and content field.
Commendable (CO) - In addition to meeting the criteria for standard performance, performance/behavior is above standard in several areas.
Standard Professional Performance (SPP) - Consistently meets standards of professional performance and/or behavior. Makes meaningful contributions to functioning of the department, institution, and content field.
Improvement Required (IR) - Does not meet minimal standards of professional performance and/or behavior. Performance level is unacceptable when compared to employment requirements.
Unacceptable (UN) - Does not meet minimal standards of professional performance and/or behavior. Performance level is unacceptable when compared to employment requirements.