UF/IFAS Extension Administration

UF/IFAS Extension Administration


More content and information coming soon.

Reporting a Workplace Injury

For medical emergencies

  1. In the case of a medical emergency from a workplace injury, call 911 for help, or transport the employee to the nearest medical facility.
  2. After emergency medical care is secured, contact the UF Workers' Compensation (UFWC) office at 352-392-4940 to report the incident and to receive further instructions
  3. Next you need to notify your supervisor and District Director.

For non-life-threatening on-the-job injuries

  1. The employee or colunteer should notify a supervisor and then immediately contact UFWC at 352-392-4940, UFWC will complete the state required "First Report of Injury" form for the employee/volunteer. Injured employees/volunteers who do not think they require medical care should still contact UFWC to discuss the circumstances of their accident.
  2. If the employee/volunteer requires medical attention, contact UFWC prior to going for care. UFWC staff will direct the employee/volunteer to an authorized medical care provider to treat the unjury, thereby insuring that no out of pocket expenses are incurred.
  3. Next you need to notify your supervisor and District Director.

Please remember: The employee/volunteer must seek treatment only from an authorized medical provider in all cases except an emergency. Please contact UFWC for guidance with this process.

Also, notify either Melanie Edmondson or Charlotte Simmons in Extension Administration of any incidents at 352-392-1788.