UF/IFAS Extension Revenue Enhancement Steering Committee
These documents provide background information and examples that relate to revenue enhancement and cost recovery for Extension.
Final Committee Report
Steering Committee Meeting
- Final Report of the Extension Strategic Staffing Steering Committee - 1 May 2015
- First Steering Committee Meeting Handout - 10 March 2014
- First Meeting Minutes 10 March 2014
- Meeting Minutes 16 May 2014
- Meeting Minutes 16 July 2014
Existing Policy/Related Guides
- IFAS Extension Online Giving Plan
- Summary of UFF Accounts
- UF/IFAS policy on collecting payments for IFAS events
- A 2006 National Perspective on "Managing Extension's Changing Portfolio." A little bit dated and rather lengthy, but it contains some useful background information.
State-Specific Revenue Enhancement/Cost Recovery Guidelines
- A Journal of Extension article describing The Rutgers Experience
- Rutgers Revenue Enhancement Task Force Report
- Rutgers Cost Recovery Website
- Ohio State's Cost recovery policies
- Massive CED Survey Results - The Status of Local Extension Programs
- Massive Survey Results - Fees Charged for County Extension Programs
- Survey Results - Fees Charged for State-Level Extension Programs (coming soon)
The George Morse Fact Sheets
Discusses the pros and cons of five types of cost recovery (grants, contracts, gifts, sponsorships, and fees).
Discusses how the "private to public value ratio" of extension programs influences the ability to charge fees.
Shows an easy-to-understand way to estimate event development and delivery costs.
Describes a process to determine how much to charge for an educational event.
Helps evaluate the potential for increasing user fees.
Discusses the uniqueness of travel costs included in user fees because of Extension's promise to provide equal access throughout the state.
Describes how to develop a 2-page cost recovery plan for an Extension program.