FLORIDA COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
Extension is a partnership between state, federal, and county governments to provide scientific knowledge and expertise to the public. The University of Florida (UF), together with Florida A&M University (FAMU), administers the Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
At the University of Florida, Extension is located in the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS), along with the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) and the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station, and is called UF/IFAS Extension.
UF/IFAS Extension partners with communities to provide quality, relevant education and research-based expertise to foster healthy people, a healthy environment, and a healthy economy.
Who We Are
UF/IFAS Extension encompasses thousands of Extension faculty members, scientists, educators, administrative staff, and volunteers, all working to provide solutions for your life. The Dean and Director is Dr. Andra Johnson.
The Extension Administration Office is responsible for the management and direction of the Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
This office is staffed by:
- Dean for Extension / Director, Florida Cooperative Extension Service
- Senior Associate Dean for Extension / Associate Director
- Associate Dean for Extension and State Program Leader, Agricultural and Natural Resources Programs
- Associate Dean for Extension and State Program Leader, 4-H, Families and Communities
- Support staff
As part of its duties, the Extension Administration office allocates the budget for Extension programs to County Operations, Research and Education Centers, and Departments for the purpose of developing and disseminating educational materials and programs derived from university-based research. The Administration office also oversees In-Service Training and manages the State Major Programs and Design Teams.
- Extension Faculty Directory
- Find Extension Agents by Program
- Regional Specialized Agents Directory
- Email Lists
- UF/IFAS Drectory Unit Liaisons