Partner with UF/IFAS Extension
UF/IFAS Extension is your connection to the community. As a land-grant university, UF has a mission to serve the people of Florida, which is accomplishes through UF/IFAS Extension, the outreach arm of the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. Extension “extends” the reach of the university of providing the latest UF research as practical information that can help people, businesses and communities find solutions to present and future challenges.
Please see dropdown content below for collaboration examples:
Employment and Interns
- The College of Pharmacy and the Department of Health Education and Behavior (College of Health and Human Performance) worked in multiple counties by sending interns to train in counties.
- The UF Career Connections Center has worked with counties to increase workforce.
- UF/IFAS Extension Clay County and The Consortium for Hydro-Urbanism (College of Design, Construction and Planning) worked on fairground development for Green Cove Springs.
- UF/IFAS Extension Nassau County and the College of Medicine are collaborating on the Wildlight Housing Development Project: working with a developer to create a health and wellness community.
Health and Wellness
- The Department of Clinical and Health Psychology (College of Public Health and Health Perfessions) worked with UF/IFAS Extension in rural counties to bring obesity treatment and prevention programs for adults and youth.
- UF/IFAS Extension has brought the Faithful Families program to support health and prevent obesity in rural areas.
Education and Training
- The Transportation Technology Transfer Center (College of Engineering) has worked with counties by helping handle transportation needs, training and planning.
- The UF/IFAS Center for Leadership can help with strategic planning and developing targeted leadership programming.
Community Relief Efforts
- UF/IFAS Extension Suwannee County and the Department of Landscape Architecture (College of Design, Construction and Planning) of worked on the redesign of Live Oak post-hurricane.
Looking to join the Microsoft Teams Initiative? Learn more through PDEC.